Mr. Porter is the community service coordinator for our troop.
Requirement 7b: Participate in a total of one hour of service in one or more service projects approved by your Scoutmaster. Explain how your service to others relates to the Scout slogan and Scout motto.
Requirement 8e: Participate in two hours of service through one or more service projects approved by your Scoutmaster. Tell how your service to others relates to the Scout Oath.
Requirement 9d: Participate in three hours of service through one or more service projects approved by your Scoutmaster. The project(s) must not be the same service project(s) used for Tenderfoot requirement 7b and Second Class requirement 8e. Explain how your service to others relates to the Scout Law.
Requirement 4: While a First Class Scout, participate in six hours of service through one or more service projects approved by your Scoutmaster.
Requirement 4: While a Star Scout, participate in six hours of service through one or more service projects approved by your Scoutmaster. At least three hours of this service must be conservation-related. 🌲
While a Life Scout, plan, develop, and give leadership to others in a service project helpful to any religious institution, any school, or your community. (The project must benefit an organization other than the Boy Scouts of America.)
Community Service Opportunities
See calendar for specific dates.
Scouting For Food
- Coordinators: Mrs. Hall, Mrs. Boland, Mr. Haggerty.
- Participate in drop off of food bags to local residents at the end of October.
- Food Donation Pick Up first week of November.
- Food Sorting at Patriots Park.
- Memorial Day Cemetery Color Guard (May)
- Memorial Day Parade (May)
- Flag Day (June)
- Patriots Race (Nov)
- Wreathes Across America (Dec)
Cub Scout Events
- Pinewood Derby (Jan)
- Blue & Gold Dinner (Feb)
- Other events as announced.
Local Community Events
- Christmas in the Village (Dec)
- Arts on Main (Aug)
- Library Events, such as the Annual Book Sale
- Coventry High School Project Graduation Fundraisers such as: Can & Bottle Drive, Easter Bunny Breakfast
77 Johnson Road, Bolton, CT 06043
See Mr. Guiliano to arrange community service work at Camp Johnson
Service Work Needed includes:
- Moving Brush (Conservation Service Work) 🌲
- Brush Mowing (Conservation Service Work) 🌲
- Brush Wacking (Conservation Service Work) 🌲
- Moving Firewood
- Cut & split firewood & stack
- Millings to fill areas of Driveway
- Paint repaired areas
- Replace Siding Boards on Main Cabin
- Chimney Repainting
- Outhouse Work (cleaning & Painting)
- Repair & Replace Deck Boards of Campmaster Cabin
Tara Farms Rescue
670 Babcock Road, Coventry CT [email protected]
See Mr. Guiliano to sign up for trail work OR contact Mrs. Gordon #860-742-2215 at Tara Farms for other volunteer work
- Trail Work Day (Conservation Service Work) 🌲: Next Scheduled Date Sat/Sun Oct 19th & 20th, 2019 (see Mr Guiliano)
- Hunters Pace Fundraiser: Oct 27, 2019 (Contact Mrs.Gordon)
- Other Volunteer Work at Tara Farms (Contact Mrs. Gordon for other volunteer opportunities)